Please contact your concierge/booking agent or call us directly and one of our crew will be delighted to propose an itinerary. We do recommend you book your excursion in advance. Should adverse weather affect your booking, we will endeavour to book you to another day or offer a suitable alternative.
Flight paths and time away are at the discretion of the pilot and may vary with regard to lift off location, weather, and safety.
What to Bring
Camera, sunglasses, sturdy shoes, warm jacket, and a smile.
We have ample free parking at our airport departure lounge. We can arrange courtesy transport from Queenstown accommodation.
Payment & Prices
- We accept all major credit cards, eftpos, cash and valid vouchers (please note credit payments will incur a 2% transaction fee).
- All prices are in NZ$ and include 15% GST. Cancellation policy may apply.
- In the event of inclement weather and no alternative flight chosen a full refund will be made at point of sale.
- Cancellations within:
- 24 hours of tour receive a 25% refund
- 7 days of tour receive a 50% refund
- 8 days or more receive a 100% refund
- Prices are subject to change and minimum numbers apply.
Credentials & Safety
- International Helicopter Association (HAI) Safety Awards
- New Zealand Helicopter Association Safety Awards
- CAA approved operator No. 39285
- Conservation Concessionaire Holder
- Luxury Tourism approved
Q. How long has your business been operating?
A. OTT has been operating since 1986 and we are a Civil Aviation Approved Operator.
Q. How experienced are your pilots?
A. Our flying history dates back to 1976, this experience has given our pilots an intimate knowledge of the special places and unique people within the region along with an ingrained respect for the local weather and mountainous terrain.
Q. Can we land in remote areas?
A. Over The Top are proud to hold landing concessions in Conservation Areas in New Zealand, Fiordland, Otago and Milford. We also have private and exclusive access to High Country Stations plus consented helipads at restaurants, wineries, private golf courses and homes.
Q. What type of helicopters do you operate?
A. We are the only company in Queenstown to offer a complete choice; the conventional Squirrel, the Eurocopter EC130 and twin engine helicopters.
Q. What are your safety credentials?
A. Over The Top has been awarded the International Helicopter Operator Safety Award since 1999, plus our pilots all have individual safety records.
Q. Have you flown famous people?
A. A Now that would be telling. We remain discreet and say, Prime Ministers, Presidents, International Stars and You.
Q. Which Over The Top helicopter excursion should we choose?
A. Talk with your concierge, or for a specialised itinerary your pilot will drop in and create an Over The Top Extraordinary Helicopter Excursion just for you.